With a flexibility few other majors can match, Business Administration allows for specialization in many fields by combining your degree with a major or minor of your choosing. Gain the tools to launch new business ideas or find your individual place in a diverse industry that is constantly in demand of talented, capable leaders and problem-solvers.
- Faith integration — A strong emphasis is placed on the connection between biblical, Judeo-Christian principles and business. We’re invested in helping you develop an ethical framework that will shape your approach in whatever aspect of business you create a career.
- Professional opportunities — As a Business major at MVNU, you’ll have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus region and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation.
- 4+1 MBA program — An MBA gives you a serious competitive edge and can jump-start your business career after college. At MVNU, you can complete coursework during your undergraduate studies, obtaining both a bachelor’s degree in an area of your choosing, and a master’s degree in Business Administration in only five years.
- Professor Timothy Chesnut, Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. James Dalton, Professor of Accounting, GPS Business Programs Coordinator
- Dr. Kevin Hughes, Professor of Management, Dean of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Professor Judy Madtes, Assistant Professor of Business
- Dr. Kelly Rush, Associate Professor of Finance, Department Chair
- Dr. Mark Shoaf, Professor of Management
- Dr. Melanie Spangler-Timmerman, Professor of Business, School Dean
- Professor Eric Stetler, Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Professor Paul Swanson, Associate Professor of Physical Education, Women's Volleyball Coach
MVNU is known for putting out savvy, real-world-ready Business graduates. That is due, in part, to our resources. All of your business classes will be held in the Jetter School of Business. This building boasts a large, round classroom in the center that serves as an ideal setting for large classes or visits from renowned speakers. It also features a computer lab, which is used for computer-based courses, such as Spreadsheets. You will be able to learn the newest, most relevant aspects of programs like Excel while getting hands-on experience with them as you learn.
Business Administration majors have the opportunity to travel through participation in Enactus or IBI.
- Enactus is an international non-profit organization that brings together student, academic and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the standard of living for people in need. Guided by academic advisors and business experts, the student leaders of Enactus create and implement community empowerment projects around the globe.
- The Belize Clean Water Coalition focuses on purifying the unclean drinking water in three villages within the country of Belize. MVNU Enactus members travel to Belize to educate children and adults about the importance of clean drinking water by introducing the Berkey Water Filtration system that purifies a sustainable amount of water.
International Business Institute
- The International Business Institute is designed to give students an opportunity to experience the international dimension of the many fields of business. The program is 10 weeks long and includes periods of residence in key locations as well as coordinated visits and presentations in the major political and economic centers of Russia, The European Union, India, and China.
Business Administration majors also have the option of pursuing the Music Business minor. This minor is offered by MVNU in conjunction with the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) Best Semester Program. Students pursuing the Music Business minor will spend a semester studying at the Contemporary Music Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
There is no limit to what you can do with a Business Administration degree. Do you have a great idea for a small business? A new website? A new strategy for an existing business? Or is your passion for building funding for non-profit organizations? Maybe you’d like to help a local government develop the economy of their city? Whatever your goals, this degree will give you the foundation you need to get there. Whether you go on to get an MBA, or launch directly into your career, you’ll have the knowledge you need to be successful in your future ventures.
MVNU Business graduates accept job offers from major corporations, professional firms, small businesses, and ministry organizations; some become entrepreneurs and others go on to graduate school.
Our Business grads have worked at:
- Nationwide Financial
- Stewardship Technology
- The General
- XPO Logistics
- Rocky Brands
- Novo Group
- Alliance Data
- 21st Century Financial
- Ohio Department of Commerce
- Ohio Department of Health
- The Longaberger Company
- Cardinal Health
Hannah Arden, '14“This campus. These people. These professors. This whole community. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”