ECE Generalist Endorsement
If you have a PreK-3 Ohio teaching license, MVNU's online Early Childhood Education (ECE) Generalist Endorsement program was designed with you in mind.
Mount Vernon Nazarene University offers this program for licensed teachers at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. This endorsement can be added to any valid Early Childhood Ohio teaching license and certifies the endorsement holder to teach any subject in grades 4 & 5. The ECE Generalist Endorsement opens doors and increases your potential and marketability as a teacher.
- Online delivery provides convenience and promotes flexibility and increases a candidate's personal marketability and opens doors to job opportunities in grades 4 and 5
- Fully accredited by The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and Higher Learning Commission; approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Courses facilitated by supportive, expert faculty with relevant teaching experience
- Improve your teaching skills and apply course content in actual classroom settings via a field experience with 4th and/or 5th grade students
- MVNU makes it convenient for you to earn this important credential by taking all four required courses in an online format. The endorsement consists of 10 semester hours, including a one credit hour, 50 clock hour practicum experience.
Courses are offered year-round on a rotating basis and include the following:
- ECE3002/6002 Social Studies for Upper Elementary Grades
- ECE3022/6022 Mathematics for Upper Elementary Grades
- ECE3032/6032 Science for Upper Elementary Grades
- MCE3023/6023 Adolescent Literature
- ECE4001/6001 Early Childhood Endorsement Field